WordPress started in 2003 to make it easier to publish text on the web. Since then, WordPress has grown into one of the largest open source projects on the web. It is not just a platform to blog with. As the popularity grew, WordPress became more and more used as CMS (Content Management System). This means a system to easily and easily adjust your website without programming knowledge. The reason is clear because the user-friendliness is very high. Around 75 million websites worldwide use WordPress.
In the WordPress course you learn the basics of working with WordPress. Because you gain more knowledge, you also have the confidence to create and maintain your website yourself. Making your website is an intensive project where many new things come to you. After all, you are not only working on the technical side of WordPress but also with the experience of the visitor and you also write texts for your website.
This course is for you if:
– you want a website that you can create and manage yourself.
– your existing website is due for replacement.
– you have a website with WordPress but do not understand it at all.
– you want to know more about the correct organization of your website.
- Website conventions, which makes sense for the visitor
- Explore WordPress environment and key concepts
- Create news items and pages
- Add images
- edit images in the editor
- Changing the look and feel through themes
- Embed video from Youtube or Vimeo
- Adding widgets / applications (the parts of the sidebar)
- Add plugins
- Basic search engine optimization (SEO)
- We consider how you should organize your website, taking into account your target group
Because every website and content is unique, this course is only available in private lessons. During this course there is 1 on 1 lesson and we focus entirely on your website. Contact us for the possibilities or register.
WordPress is an Open Source project, this means that everyone is free to use it free of charge. WordPress works with themes in which the possibilities of WordPress are defined. We recommend purchasing the extensive Enfold theme as this is one of the best selling themes with good documentation.
ATTENTION: to participate in this course you must have a domain name and hosting in advance, where the most recent version of WordPress is installed. We ourselves have good experiences with TransIP (www.transip.nl). This course does not cover the preliminary process in which WordPress must be installed. Contact us for the possibilities for installation assistance.
In-company training or private lessons
The course will be given on location in the form of in-company training or private lessons. With these courses, there is plenty of room for personal attention and questions. We go through this course in 1 day, from 10:00 to 16:00, where we involve the style of your company in the course material. Contact us for the possibilities or sign up.
It is possible to receive a certificate at the end of the course. This certificate is a proof of participation.